Did you know? - A 2010 TK Magazine Survey (page 63, Winter 2010 issue) of the 302 Topeka-area individuals shows 76.7% “Use Social Media” (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn.com, Twitter, etc). This is a HUGE (and cost-free) way to connect clients to your business online. Hence, also included with website design/re-design projects, we offer, free of charge, setup and website integration of your company’s “Facebook Fan Page” and I will subsequently suggest that my 1200+ Facebook friends “Like” your Fan Page.
Director of Information Technology (Hospice organization, Topeka, KS - 2006 to 2010)
Reporting directly to VP of Operations, overseeing all technical projects including, but not limited to: Cisco routers, switches, routers, Siemens Hi-Path phones system, server/clients functionality, all applications/databases and company website. Solely responsible for handling all data exchange and technology requests from ~150 staff members. Execute all negotiations with and decisions on vendors used; develop specifications for vendors and recommendations for purchases; complete departmental budgetary discretion; continuing education for staff; delegation of basic duties to adept volunteer staff.
· Annually achieve 50% - 75% of IT budget actual spending costs while utilizing many cost-effective resources conducive to operating within a not-for-profit organization
· Regularly meet with Senior Management to determine and satisfy technological needs
· Successfully able to maintain critical-systems maintenance and 98% uptime
· Solely responsible for installing, updating and maintaining: 4-location Wide and Local Area Network, 14 servers, 70+ staff laptops, PCs, terminal workstations, 10 Blackberry PDAs and 72 standard cell phones
· Consistently achieve 95%+ customer (co-worker) satisfaction survey results
· Responsible for 2 company website redesign implementations and maintenance thereof
· Chair for organization’s IT Committee and community peer member IT Advisory Committee
· Regular planning and budgeting for staff, technology, and location growth/expansion
· Mend and maintain various relationships with vendors strained by predecessor
· Original creation and implementation of many audio-video and graphic art projects
Lead Server Technician (A Professional IT Consultative company, Topeka, KS - 2005 to 2006)
Primary IT consultative contact for approximately 15 small business clients including financial institutions, clinical institutions and law firms. Independently built, installed, analyzed, supported, maintained, and troubleshot Microsoft Server 2000, 2003, Small Business Server, networks and workstations onsite and remotely banks, lawyers, and doctor’s offices.
· Provided systems analysis and needs assessment for potential new clientele
· Troubleshot and resolved technology related emergencies
· Planned, designed, implemented and administered local and wide area networks
· Regularly interfaced with executive and senior level management
· Administered network monitoring tools
· Client server system design
· Provided cost-effective solutions for small business clients
Supervisor, IT - Generation Department (Electric Utility company, Topeka, KS - 1997 to 2005)
Supervised five IT technicians stationed at each energy center location. Responsible for maintaining 98% critical systems uptime for 24/7 Generation/Marketing headquarters and delegating to supervised staff like reliability for all Westar energy centers. Network administrator for 500+ user Windows NT4/2000 domain. Responsible for technology maintenance, organization, implementation, research, assessment, predictive needs forecasting and development for multi-site client base. Determined need for, researched and developed in-house Audio-Video production division.
· Deployed/maintained domain-wide managed Antivirus campaign.
· Troubleshot and resolved technology related emergencies ensuring 98% customer satisfaction
· Inspired and accomplished several multimedia enhancements for Generation Services department
· Designed, launched and maintained intranet Website for staff and employee clients
· Proposed, analyzed, budgeted, and purchased equipment to successfully launch Audio-Video division for Westar Energy
· Completed various Safety/Training video projects
Assistant Manager, Tech Support (Software/Hardware Design company, Topeka, KS - 1994 to 1997)
Innovative, cutting edge computerized desktop video production pioneers, this company provides cost-effective, professional solutions to thousands of customers worldwide. Studied and developed expert knowledge of Amiga computer systems, Microsoft Windows based PCs, all integrated and many 3rd party software applications for non-linear audio/video editor. Established and maintained excellent rapport with numerous high-end customers while supporting and troubleshooting issues with many revisions of software and hardware.
· Assisted with supervision and training for Technical Support staff of 6
· Electronic bulletin board and online support forums primary Systems Operator/Moderator
· Responsible for disciplinary action for supervised staff up to but not including termination
· Interfaced directly with upper management, select high-functioning customers and programmers to coordinate beta-testing of new versions of software and hardware
· Designed, launched and supported automated scripts that were included in software release